Thursday, May 27, 2010

Children of the Corn.

Getting started planting the corn.

Elias loves to plant seeds.

He finally gets to plant his corn.

My husband has visions of a corn maze in our backyard. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. Earlier this year he got it in his head he wanted to grow corn...and lots of it. We've never grown corn before. I guess because we've never made the room. So, when he came home with about three types of corn seeds, I knew we were in for it.

I had to let him do it, you see, because he started telling me I was getting too bossy in the garden. I would have to agree with him. Each year I always plot out exactly where everything will go, and when, and pretend I was getting his feedback. He was getting tired of it. So, when he approached me about my assertiveness, I took his advice and let his own garden ideas come alive.

So, here we are on the midst of a corn field. We are planting more in three weeks. He wants it growing on both sides of the path to our pathetic little shed. The guy's got his dreams. He's now moved onto potatoes and is currently building a potato box...

I think I may have opened Pandora's Box.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! Grow punkins and sell tickets in the fall to the corn maze :)

    ReplyDelete